Wednesday 14 August 2013

Mobius Blog



It's been a while. A long while. First off, the good news: I plan on continuing regular updates. Not yet, but soon.

As for my explanation? I want you all to know that although I said I would update my story, this bump in the continuum is not my fault. Too bad it is.

What The Dealio Is


There are two main reasons for my previous and continuing inactivity. The truth is that it's difficult to find motivation to work on your own when you work at a desk for eight hours a day. This is my biggest flaw. This past summer I've been employed at a company that has me programming or otherwise using a computer for most of the working week. I love making The Wanderer, but it's not the most relaxing of activities. It's actually fairly frustrating. At times at least.

That's the reason I have not been updating.

Why will my absence continue? Well, this one is actually out of my hands. My development (and personal) computer is currently having hardware issues diagnosed at my local computer shop. When will it be back in service? Good question. One I'd like to answer with another question:

When will my computer be back in service?

I'm glad we're on the same page.

I'll Be Back


I already have some plans for new articles, not just about Wanderer. Maybe I'll start a second project from which I can learn different lessons. I mean, I don't learn much about level design from a procedural generated world. That's also an area I'm very interested in, so don't be surprised if something pops up on some topics that aren't necessarily about C++ game development.

One things for certain, It's been a while. A long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment